· 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about ½ a kg)
· 400gm can of chopped tomatoes
· 1 cup chicken stock
· 1 tablespoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon pepper
· Corn tortilla taco shells
· 2 cups each shredded lettuce & green cabbage
· ½ red onion, chopped
· 1 avocado, chopped
· Shredded cheese
· Kewpie mayonnaise
1. Plug in your slow cooker and combine the chicken breast (if it’s frozen, no need to defrost, throw it in as is), diced tomatoes, chicken stock, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
3. Sit back and enjoy the sun with a few ice cold Coronas while you wait.
4. Once the cooking time is up, shred the chicken using 2 forks in the slow cooker. Meat will be falling apart and should shred easily. Give it a stir to bring the juices and meat together.
5. Taste and season again if needed.
6. Get everyone around the table and start building your tacos.
Any leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 5 days.