With innovation at its heart, Baileys was the first and is still the most-popular Irish cream liqueur. The original Irish Cream, Baileys is enjoyed around the world, with around 2,000 glasses served every minute of the day. Baileys Irish Cream has been awarded more medals at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition than any of its competitors. It is the only cream liqueur to have won a medal every year since 2003. This smooth, stylish drink draws on the Irish traditions of dairy and distilling and took over four years to perfect. It is the ultimate blend of smooth Irish cream and triple-distilled Irish whiskey. The smooth velvety texture and perfect combination of cream and whiskey delight the senses.
Baileys is the ultimate Irish cream liqueur, that blends the finest aged Irish whiskey with fresh dairy cream and a hint of cocoa and vanilla. Aroma (Nose): Baileys has a complex chocolate aroma with hints of exotic vanilla and the soft aroma of Irish Whiskey. Palate: The whiskey in Baileys complements the richness of the fresh dairy cream, cocoa and heavenly vanilla that results in a luxurious, velvety smooth taste sensation. Finish: Baileys has a silky smooth mouth feel from the fresh cream and a warming sensation coming from the Irish whiskey
- Style Cream/Coffee
- Alcohol Content 17%
- Standard Drinks 9.4
- Brand Baileys
- Region Of Origin Ireland
- Country Of Origin Ireland
Baileys Chocolate Mouse
Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- 200ml Baileys Original
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1tsp unsalted butter
- 250ml double cream
- Chocolate shavings to garnish
- Melt the chocolate, allow to cool slightly then beat in the egg yolks and butter.
- Lightly whip the cream and Baileys. Then fold half into the chocolate mix.
- Whisk the egg whites until just stiff, now fold with the chocolate mixture. Add pieces of chocolate until it melts.
- Spoon half the chocolate mousse into four glasses, followed by some chocolate shavings and then half the cream.
- Repeat the layers and top with the remaining chocolate shavings.
- Put it in the fridge for three hours. No picking! (well, maybe just a bit…) Serve with a flourish – to some impressed oohs and ahs.